Knowledge founded on experience
Eileen Moir is the founder of TurningTides and has a wealth of experience leading change and improvement in complex public sector services. Her career includes eleven years as an Executive Director within the NHS, encompassing five years as Director of Implementation and Improvement in Scotland's quality improvement body.
Eileen’s consultancy work supports people and organisations with their leadership challenges. This includes strategy development and implementation, organisational and team development, service improvement and managing transitions. Her work extends across the public, private and third sectors as well as professional bodies and universities.
Trained and accredited as an Executive Coach with Ashridge, Eileen is a registered coach with National Leadership Unit for the public sector in Scotland. Her clients include national and board-level leaders and middle managers who are leading organisational change and service improvement.
Eileen has an MSc in Management and an Ashridge Masters in Leadership (Quality Improvement). She is a Master Practitioner in Systemic Coaching and Facilitation and her approach benefits from the insights gained during 18 years as a Registered Mental Health Nurse (RMN).
In January 2013 Eileen was awarded an OBE in recognition of her contribution to leading change in healthcare.
Her passion for adventure and learning with others has taken her to USA, South Africa, Czech Republic, Nova Scotia and New Zealand. The distillation of these studies underpins the way she works with change and service improvement.
Robert Kemp joined TurningTides as Director (Business Management) in 2014. He has 35 years’ experience in complex public sector services, including fifteen years as Executive Finance Director and Deputy Chief Executive within the NHS.
Robert brings a sound business approach to TurningTides and lends his expertise to relevant commissions. His experience includes:
- Service redesign e.g.
- decommissioning a large Mental Health Hospital and the re-provision of services into appropriate community based units
- development of a clinical strategy leading to the redesign of community hospital services and the development of community support services
- integration of three NHS organisations into a single service
- Strategic financial and business planning and the development of recovery plans
- Working across Scotland on a range of Primary Care development initiatives
- Development of effective and simple communication of complex financial issues
Robert is a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants and has a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Business Studies.
TurningTides draws on a number of talented Associates when specific experience and expertise are needed.